Our Business Model
Kapstone is more than just an engineering firm or regulatory consultancy. Our solution integrates experts in disciplines of product design, quality assurance, regulatory affairs, intellectual property, manufacturing, and supply chain management.
Our model is flexible so that you don’t have to be. We’re passionate about meeting deadlines and achieving milestones, and we believe that our model should reflect that.
If you need assistance commercializing a device as a new product development (NPD) project, we will estimate the amount of work and propose your timeline and investment. Or, if you need an expert to fill a resource gap, we can provide an on-going resource reflecting the appropriate amount of work needed.
We typically operate via one of the four following options:
- Whether a new product development (NPD) project or an on-going resource, we work with you to estimate how much resource commitment is appropriate for your need.
- Often, only part of a “full-time equivalent”, or resource, is needed. Employing Kapstone enables you to hire multiple experts, for example, at the price of one full-time equivalent.
- Typically, this is considered as a fixed monthly price, depending on the project needs.
- A milestone-based approach with tangible deliverables.
- Typically used for phase-based projects or for smaller parts of a large project.
- Typically used for projects with many unknowns, where accurately estimating resource needs is difficult.
- In select cases, we will partner with innovative developers when preservation of cash is critical.